Monday, January 21, 2008

All Is Fair In Love And Spanish

Denise and I took a test in Spanish class the other day. Taking a test isn’t a problem, but having your wife score higher than you…that is a big issue. Well, she did. The profesora said that I had a larger vocabulary, but Denise spoke with more clarity and could understand Spanish better than I could. GGGGRRRRRRR. ¡ Yo Estoy Muy Furioso!

I had to do something to even the tables. If I could not beat her fairly…then I would cheat. I remembered something. Denise has said repeatedly, that when she is pregnant she loses brain cells. She cannot remember or articulate things as well as when she is not pregnant. So…I began to plot.

Suffice it to say, that by this time in September-ish, I should be well ahead of her in Spanish. I am going to be learning how to speak and preach to Bolivians, while she is going to be learning how to give birth to one.

Yep. Denise is expecting, or as they say in Español, “Mi espousa es embarazado, ella tiene un bebe. Vamas a tener once hijos!”

Here is a photo of what the little Bolivian probably looks like right now.

Isn’t God GREAT!!!

6 comments:

MJ said...

Congratulations! That is great news!

You all remain in our prayers!


Mary Jane Vaughn

TheLuckyOne said...

Wahoo!! Congratulations to the whole team! :) Praise the Lord. Love and Prayers from the USA!

Anonymous said...

p.s. your friends @ www.handsfullheartsfull.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wooo Hoooo!

Sounds like wonderful news!

We love you all.

David & Anita Siecker

Jessica said...

Yay! Good job, dad. :-) We will be keeping you all in our prayers!

~ The Coles

Sun said...

Congratulations - I haven't been to your site in a while - I LOVE your blog! You and your wife are so special - thanks for having these blogs up so anyone can come and be taught and ministered to! We will be praying for you and rejoicing with you! Sunshine