Monday, January 21, 2008

Equipping Long Distance

God has brought me an opportunity to begin, in a pretty significant way, mentoring pastors, even before I fully learn the language.

My pastor has a heart for training other pastors. He has a ministry that includes using the internet, hosting pastor’s conferences, and having training seminars. His internet based ministry uses video, audio, and graphics, as well as conventional newsletters. Each week he sends out an email to over 4,000 pastors throughout South America. This email is in the form of an encouraging word, advice on leadership, or sermon samplers. This week, Pastor DaRonn invited me to write for this newsletter. I can write as much as I want to, and my writing will be translated and then sent out. Do the math…if only 2% of the pastors each week benefit from what I have to say, then I am helping 80 pastors a week!

One of the things that excites me about this is that I am able to easily use things that God has already taught me through ministry, education, and most importantly the school of hard knocks. Please pray for this to not only impact the pastors on the email already, but for it to expand to thousands more!

1 comments:

clm said...

Joe,

You always were with graphics! Cool picture, the way you blended it together. You sure you didn't miss your calling ;-)