Friday, February 8, 2008

Good News From A Distant Land!



Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land.
(Pro 25:25)


This verse has a brand new application to my soul. When I saw Paul and Darlene walk out of the door at the Santa Cruz Airport here in Bolivia...I teared up. I knew that I missed them...but it wasn't until I saw them that I realized how much of my heart still lived in the States. I praise God for such great relationships and relatives!

Paul and Darlene did more than just visit and refresh our hearts. They connected us. We didn't read emails...we heard about people we loved. They told us about our friends and co-laborers in Christ. They talked about my church--Blue Ridge Bible Church--and thrilled me with good news about it. They let us know who was doing what, who gave us which present, who sent greetings, and who said that they loved us.

I didn't even know that my soul was weary till the sweet drops of loved ones names refreshed it. They filled us up with good news from a distant land.

I think that I will write later about the insight into relationships that I have received by their visit. Until then...please take my heartfelt advice. Go to your wife, husband, child, parent, or friend...hug them and tell them that you love them.

Praise God!

5 comments:

@ngie said...

I love the slide show.

Becky said...

I just read that verse to the kids this week and I thought about you all. We're so glad Grandpa & Grandma could share their love with you. You are greatly loved.

clm said...

Joe,

Tell Paul an Darlene I said hello. I am glad they got to visit you. Thanks for the advice too. Take care!

chad

Sun said...

SO precious! I am so glad you guys had a great visit! I am praying for you! Sunshine

Linds said...

Pastor Joe! I just got your blog address from Debbie and greatly enjoyed getting caught up on your family.
Sounds like things are going well for you, and I'm so glad!
Lindsay