Friday, February 29, 2008

Want A Shot?

The other day a strange thing happened. At least it was out of my normal range of experience. There was a knock on my gate, and I assumed it was probably a beggar wanting some money…which is now in my normal range of experience. Anyway, when I opened the door, there was a lady standing there in a medical smock. The first thing that I noticed was that in her right pocket she had several opened syringes. That was strange. Then, she asked me if I had any children between 1 and 16 years of age living in the home. I said that I did. She said that she wanted to vaccinate them!

Can you imagine this happening in your neighborhood? Sure, lady whom I have never met and know nothing about….come into my home and inject stuff that I don’t know where you got it, how old it is, or if it is even legal into my kids. Start with the three year old.

I restated to her what she said to make sure that I understood, and sure enough, she wanted to vaccinate my kiddos. I told her no thank you…and that we had to get all of our vaccinations before we moved to Cochabamba. She said it was okay, and then took out a piece of chalk and wrote on my gate that she had tried to vaccinate our kids but we said no.

Denise said I guess that means that the blood is on our hands. LOL.

0 comments: