Monday, August 4, 2008

Pastors Conference


This is really cool. The Cochabamba International Church has put together a pastor training course for pastors throughout the area. The course is two years long. Five times a year, for a three day weekend, the pastors gather together to be taught theology and how to be a better pastor. The final seminar of the two year program was this weekend.

Here is the cool thing. The pastors that lead the conference asked me if I would teach the last weekend. Only me. I had these 60 pastors for 17 hours of teaching! I was also given a blank check on what to teach them. Anything about leadership, pastoring, or church life is what I was told to do.

I focused on the character of the pastor, and also taught on the importance of spiritual fruit, love, and humility in the life of the pastor. I also taught on strategic planning and leadership. After I am finished the pastors will receive their certificate of training.

I know that for many of my readers—who have High School, College, Masters, and Ph.d’s…this ‘certificate’ doesn’t sound like much. But trust me, it is a REALLY BIG DEAL. These guys have put in a lot of work, time and money to make this happen. And it is such an honor to be able to finish the course with them.

Please pray that God will use me in their lives, and that the things they learned will radically improve their relationship with Jesus, their walking and living in the Holy Spirit, and their ability to lead their churches!

0 comments: