Monday, September 1, 2008

Almost Bolivian....


I am becoming more and more adapted to the culture here. One of the things that took getting used to was the traffic. It is not bad as compared to major cities in the States, but it is not efficient and the lights are NEVER sequenced. One thing that is cool here is that motorcycles are pretty much exempt from any laws pertaining to lanes, turns, or speed. You can drive on the right of traffic, on the left of traffic, or in between the cars.

Now I am not super gutsy, but I have to be honest and say that I can get places faster on a bike than in a car. So, I have now do all the little errands on my moto. If it involves only one passenger, or none, then I take the bike.

If you look at the photo, you will see that Josh and David are on the moto with me as we run this errand. I titled this almost Bolivian, because if I were truly adapted to the culture, I would have three more people!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

OK, just because you're 40-something doesn't mean you don't need a helmet too!! All you middle-aged men and your helmetless motorcycles!!
STAY SAFE!!
Kathy W

Jim McIntosh said...

No, if you were really enculturated, none of you would have helmets. :)