Thursday, July 9, 2009

And Now, For Another Viewpoint



I wrote about the chip choices (197) in Wal Mart and how that is one of the massive decision making processes that I am glad I am freed from in an earlier article. Now I would like to counter that with something slightly funny. Before we left for the States, I walked in on Denise on the computer. She was researching Soda Pops. She was looking at, I think, Diet Caffeine Free Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I asked what she was doing, and she took me to three or four pages of all these flavors of Soda Pop. She told me. “We have Coke, Coke Zero and Fanta. When I am in the States, I am not ever going to drink one of those. All I am drinking is stuff I can’t get here.” She stayed true to her word, and she made me follow her example. I just finished a big can of Arizona Diet Raspberry Tea. I had a coke zero in my hand and she said, “Your not going to buy a coke zero are you? We can get that in Bolivia.” Quick on the take, I said, “Why no, it was just in front of….of this Arizona Diet Raspberry Tea that I have been dying to drink.” Guess what? That is some good tea.

0 comments: