Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Almost Gone.....Someone Call A WAAAmbulance


I just have to say it.

I am sad.

I just opened my last bag of Starbucks coffee. When I was in the states the last time, I brought back 25 lbs of Starbucks. I have been watching it dwindle and dwindle.

I refuse to drink Nescafe. It is a moral decision for me.

I simply do not like Bolivian coffee....just my messed up tastebuds.

Looks like I am about to become a tea time guy.

Talk about multi-cultural.
All joking aside, this is a real bummer for me. Starbucks coffee is my favorite, and drinking a hot cup of coffee in the morning, and then sipping on one in the afternoon is not only relaxing, but it is a small taste of what used to be home. Many times I remember meetings at a Starbucks, a conversation, or an event...that roasty smell of Starbucks is a mnemonic aide. For me it is more than just a cup of coffee.
Is that corny? In missionary training they told us that we would be surprised at what, after everything settled down, we actually longed for back in the States. Starbucks. Who would have thought?
Oh well. Time for a nice cup of tea (said with a British accent)
Joe

2 comments:

Rich said...

I'm sorry, Joe. Maybe you should open a Starbucks down there? :)

Isaiah McPeak said...

You need to try the Coffee Fool. Then you'll feel about Stalebucks the way you feel about Nescafe. It'll ruin your life. http://www.coffeefool.com/