Friday, January 14, 2011

Keep On Going and Going And Going

I met a friend yesterday that I have not seen for a couple of years. We sat down to drink a cup of coffee and chatted for almost two hours. When we finished and said goodbye, I got in my car and realized something. I felt good. I was happy. I was affirmed. I was encouraged. I turned left out of the parking lot and as I started the drive home it dawned on me. I feel this way every time that I talk with this guy. He is the most encouraging person that I have ever met, and it is always a joy to be with him.

This started me thinking. What do people feel like when they turn left and leave the parking lot after talking to me? Do they leave with a skip in their step? Does being with me lift people up, bring them down, or just leave them where they are?

I spent probably thirty minutes evaluating my life, and realized that most of the time when people leave me, they are neither discouraged or encouraged. I want to change that. I want to be an encourager. I want to be an energizer bunny in the lives of other people, and just help them keep on going.

How about you? Do people leave you built up or torn down?

2 comments:

Caris said...

That type of person is awesome indeed. Great thoughts. (And i always do feel like i'm hanging out with the Enegizer Bunny when i'm around your family, btw. :)

Caris said...

....or rather, a dozen or so Enegizer Bunnies.... you know how rabbits are, lol...