Monday, November 7, 2011

Being There While I Am Here


I am so pumped!  For the next two weeks, I get to teach a Bible Study class at Blue Ridge Bible Church in Virginia!  That is my home church, full of my friends.  My focus during Sunday School will be on living a radical life, emphasizing world missions.

After Sunday School, I will continue preaching a series of messages called "Jesus and_____"  I have been in this series for about six weeks, and plan on spending another 2-3 months in it.  Each week we look at a place in the life of Jesus where he had a conversation with someone and see how He is speaking to us through it.

So, I will be teaching Sunday School, followed by preaching.  Super cool!

Oh yeah, the Sunday School class will be in Purcellville Virginia.  The preaching will be in Cochabamba Bolivia.  All I have to do is travel 4,015 miles in 15 minutes (the time between Sunday School and the sermon).  No problem.  I have done it before.  Well, not traveled over 4,000 miles in less than 20 minutes, but taught in two places around the globe at the same time.

This is what I am doing.  This week I am filming the Sunday School class.  (I am trying to keep it from being boring by incorporating different settings, videos, music, etc.)  I will email the video to the church on Wednesday.  They will set up a big screen projector and show the class for two weeks. 

In a couple of weeks, Denise is speaking to the Women's Ministry at another church during their missions conference.  She is doing it through Skype Video. 

This is just one of the ways that we are trying to accomplish both edges of our ministry sword.  We want to not only help Bolivian church leaders know God better and love Him more; we want to challenge and encourage churches back in the States to become engaged in missions. 

Technology lets us do both, while staying here.  We can be there, while we are here. 

If you are interested in having us speak at your church, homeschool group, Sunday School class, missions conference, etc., please send me an email.  We would love to do it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your sessions will be recorded so that we can see the one we'll miss while we're out of town for Thanksgiving. I know it will be good!! Thanks for taking the time to put everything together. =)

~ Leah